I had my first Mango Kulfi at a buffet in an Indian restaurant, at first I thought it was just some water down “mango flavored” ice-cream. Man! I was wrong! after refilling my bowl countless time with the “heavenly tasting” Kulfi, and deep craving for weeks. I decided to make my own.
Mango Kulfi is not consider as true ice-cream, because it doesn’t contain egg yolks and the consistency is harder compare to real ice cream. Aside from it’s good taste, the process is so simple and quick, making it the best dessert for busy household.
- 4 fully ripped ataulfo mango (or any sweet fresh mangoes)
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipped Cream (substitute one cup with milk to reduce the fat)
- 1 can Condensed milk
- Cardamon powder (Optional)
- Peel and blend mangoes in blender into liquid form, set aside.
- Use standing or handheld mixer to whip the cream into soft peak.
- While continue to mix, pour in condense milk a little at a time, I did it four separate times to ensure thorough mixing.
- Lastly, add the mango puree and give it a 15-20 second mix.
- Pour the mixture into a container, cover up and let it sit in freezer for at least 8 hours. Serve and enjoy!
Note: kulfi is harder than regular ice-cream, I recommend to let it sit out for 5-10 minutes before scooping, don’t want to wear down your wrist too early.