I realized my previous post was like months ago lol so now I’m back to sharing my favorite recipes to you all. So far I haven’t had the time to bake, and also this hot weather in Texas sort of held me back from turning on my oven… it’s too hot!!! but I managed to make something yesterday YAY! it’s this particular cookies, probably can only be found in Malaysia and Singapore – Nestum Cereal Cookies, usually we make them during Chinese New Year.
Anyway, this cookie is super easy to make, takes about 1 hour. The texture is wonderful – very crispy and sort of melt in your mouth, kind of like oatmeal cookie but not as rough. Highly recommended, I can’t stop eating and I’m sure little kids will like it too 🙂
|Yummy Nestum Cereal Cookies|
Nestum Cereal Cookies
Adapted from: A mom to 4 Angels
400g All Purpose Flour
300g Butter, at room temperature
150g Nestum Cereal
4 egg yolks + 1 extra egg yolk for glazing
200g Icing sugar
- Mix egg yolks, butter and icing sugar with mixer until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add Nestum cereal and flour a little at a time, and knead to form a dough.
- Lined parchment paper on baking tray. Preheat oven to 160 degree Celsius.
- Roll small amount of dough into a ball, put it on the tray and flatten using the back of a fork – it can be make into different shape base on your own preference.
- Glaze the top of the cookies with egg yolk and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool on the wire rack before storing into air-container.